26.9.10

this is my sperm whale

neil harman sent me a whale in the mail
i expected a small drawing of a sperm whale, something to hang on the fridge or pin to my wall, add to my art collection that is slowly growing.

no // no // no

i received the hugest what i could even image in the mail, life size, at least of a small baby sperm whale!

thanks for my whale! [neil is the coolest ever]
if you want to be part of his whale migration project, send him an email, the further away you are from the uk the better. i had my whale mailed to hungary, but it's coming to canada with me in three weeks, i just hope i can find a wall big enough for it.

"Oh, the rare old Whale, mid storm and gale
In his ocean home will be
A giant in might, where might is right,
And King of the boundless sea"
-Whale Song

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous14:08

    Wonderful!!! I really support this project. Hope your enjoy and pass along successfully.

    I'm toting my lil whale with me everywhere. It's going to be pretty worn in looking by the time I photograph it everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe i love the whale, and it's such a cool project. i look forward to enjoying the whale for a little while before passing it on. it's just so nice to have such big company on m walls :)

    ReplyDelete

leave a comment, happy day!